We would like to notify you about the extended deadline to apply for a new MAYS Coordinator!
We are looking for one new coordinator who will take Mari’s place from August-September on and together with Lilian keep MAYS as lively and active as usual. We currently have more than 500 members from all over the world and we keep on growing! Through MAYS, young scholars in medical anthropology have the opportunity to exchange their ideas and discuss their work in the pleasant peer-atmosphere of our annual meetings.
The MAYS coordinators simultaneously function as student representatives on the board of the Medical Anthropology Network within EASA however, the main work of MAYS coordination consists in the management of the MAYS google group, updating the website, and, which certainly is the most fun, organising the annual conference. Of course, there are all kinds of other things one could think of, but that’s all up to the new coordinators.
There are basically no requirements you have to fulfil other than being a PhD student in medical anthropology but it is certainly very helpful to have the backup of an anthropological institution (that could also, for instance, host a future annual MAYS conference).
The deadline for sending in your application is July 15th!
Here are 5 good reasons why you should consider becoming a MAYS Coordinator:
- You get to turn your ideas regarding medical anthropology into concrete events that inspire many other students.
- You learn a lot about event organisation and networking.
- You get to know lots of amazing people and significantly enlarge your professional network.
- You have experienced MAYS-veterans (Claire Beaudevin, Susann Huschke, Katerina Ferkov, Dominik Mattes, Judith Schuehle; Natashe Lemos Dekker, Mari Lo Bosco) by your side and you get to profit from the great work that Lilian, your co-coordinator, does!
- It’s great for your CV – not just in academia.
If you want to get more actively engaged in MAYS, please write a short e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a short CV with a few lines on your current professional situation with regard to your academic career/status and institutional affiliation and your ideas for MAYS. This application will then be circulated among all MAYS members and will be the basis for members to vote.
Please send your application in by July 15th!
The online elections will take place from July 16th until July 22th.
Please do not hesitate to write if you have any further specific questions!
We’ll be happy to tell you more about the fun that being a MAYS Coordinator entails!
We are very much looking forward to hearing from you!
Mari and Lilian