Dear MAYS members,
We are looking for one new coordinator who will take Natashe’s place from July on and together with Mari keep MAYS as lively and active as usual. We currently have more than 500 members from all over the world and we keep on growing! Through MAYS, young scholars in medical anthropology have the opportunity to exchange their ideas and discuss their work in the pleasant peer-atmosphere of our annual meetings.
The MAYS coordinators simultaneously function as student representatives in the board of the Medical Anthropology Network within EASA however, the main work of MAYS coordination consists in the management of the MAYS google group, updating the website, and, which certainly is the most fun, organizing the annual conference. Of course, there are all kinds of other things one could think of, but that’s all up to the new coordinators.
There are basically no requirements you have to fulfil other than being a PhD student in medical anthropology but it is certainly very helpful to have the backup of an anthropological institution (that could also, for instance, host a future annual MAYS conference).
The online elections will take place from July 11th until July 22nd and the new coordinator will be announced on the 29th of July. The deadline for sending in your application is July 8th!
Here are 5 good reasons why you should consider becoming a MAYS coordinator:
1. You get to turn your ideas regarding medical anthropology into concrete events that inspire many other students.
2. You learn a lot about event organization and networking.
3. You get to know lots of amazing people and significantly enlarge your professional network.
4. You have experienced MAYS-veterans (Claire Beaudevin, Susann Huschke, Katerina Ferkov, Dominik Mattes, Judith Schuehle) by your side and you get to profit from the great work that Mari, your co-coordinator, does!
5. It’s great for your CV – not just in academia.
If you want to get more actively engaged in MAYS, please write a short e-mail to email@example.com. Please attach a short CV with a few lines on your current professional situation with regard to your academic career/status and institutional affiliation and your ideas for MAYS. This application will then be circulated among all MAYS members and will be the basis for members to vote. Please send your application in by July 8th!
Please do not hesitate to write if you have any further specific questions! We’ll be happy to tell you more about the fun that being a MAYS coordinator entails!
We are very much looking forward to hearing from you!
Mari and Natashe